Muffins are always been favorite to me but, baking skills are definitely not for me. All the baking recipes I tried never turned good. I was detected with high sugar and I don’t eat much sugar and refined flour products much. Sometimes I feel to eat cake, icecreams, and muffins so trying to find out various options which will fulfill my cravings, but in a healthy way. I haven’t posted muffins I tried with pineapple, but of course with sugar, which was not relevant for my health conditions, so was not excited about them even they turned delicious and tasty. I made this one and had during my evening snacks with rose tea, my picture shows it all. LOL
These muffins are best and healthy cause I have used all healthy ingredients. No sugar no refined flour. This was an experiment and I baked in very small proportions. With the below measurement, I was able to cook 4 muffins. Let’s look at the amazing ingredients.
6 to 7 soft dates (mashed to a pulp)
1 ripe banana
4 tbsp of butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup wheat flour
10 to 12 walnut (crust to granule)
- Make a fine powder of oats. Mix oats and flour and baking powder together.
- In a bowl beat dates followed by banana and then butter.
- Add egg and essence, beat till all the mixture fluffy.
- Add salt and oats mixture to it and mix well.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Fill the muffin tray with the batter and bake for 15 to 20 mins.
- Keep checking with the toothpick until it comes clean.
Rest till it cools completely and enjoy eating it later.
Note 1) If the batter becomes thin add wheat flour or oats into it.
2) If it gets too thick add milk till required consistency.
3) the consistency should be a thick batter, not runny.