Seviyan Kheer (Vermicelli Kheer) is a sweet milky pudding made with vermicelli, milk, and ghee. It’s an easy popular dessert across India and Pakistan and is often made on festive occasions like Eid and marriages.
This dessert is very easy to make and is real healthy. Kheer is made by roasting vermicelli in ghee and adding milk, sugar and dry fruits in it when vermicelli softens it is ready to eat.
I don’t make this kheer very sweet, and sugar only for sweet taste. The original flavor comes from dry fruits and saffron I add into it. You can add dry fruit of your choice and quantity you like. Here have taken roasted Vermicelli, you can take raw one and fry in the ghee we are using for kheer. As I have taken the roasted one I just gave a shake in ghee for few seconds.
1 cup Dry roasted Vermicelli
1 tbsp clarified butter
3 cup milk
1 pinch saffron
3 to 4 cloves
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp of cardamom powder
10 to 12 cashew nuts
10 to12 pistachios
10 to 12 almonds
10 to 12 raisins
- Heat Kadai and add ghee (clarified butter), pour cloves.
- Add Vermicelli stir for few seconds.
- Add milk, when milk boils add sugar and all the other ingredients except saffron.
- Let it cook till vermicelli gets soften. It will not take much time though.
- When you off the flame add saffron.