Kombdi Wade is a dish native to the Konkan region in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The dish consists of a traditional chicken curry, wade, onions, lemon juice, and solkadhi. This dish is majorly prepared on “Gatari” “Gauri Ovase”, “Dev Diwali” and “Shimga” in Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg districts of Konkan.
Komdi wade is said to be Kombdi wade because it is eaten with komdi (chicken) curry. It is made with the mixture of jowar and rice flour mixed with some spices.
This an authentic recipe and famous in Konkan region.
I thank my friends (Amruta Patahre Gandhi) mom who gave me the exact proportion and method how to make. She is one of my friend from Chiplun (Konkan), so the method they follow is the same as we people from Sindhudurg(Konkan) follow. Thanks “Kaku”.
8 cup Jowar flour
4 cup Rice flour
2 cup Gram flour
1 1/2 cup urad dal( split black lentil)
1 1/2 cup coriander seeds
1/4 cup jeers seeds
5 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp methi seeds
1 cup wheat flour (optional)
- Roast 1 1/2 cup urad dal( split black lentil), 1 1/2 cup coriander seeds, 1/4 cup jeers seeds, 5 tbsp fennel seeds, 1 tbsp methi seeds and make a powder in a mixer grinder.
- Mix all the flour and the roasted powder. You can store this mixed flour for a month or more.
- When you want to make Komdi wade, take the required quantity. Example 2 cup mixed flour and half a cup of hot water. Mix well and keep covered for at least two hours. Here you can give a charcoal flavor. (burn charcoal till red, put in a glass bowl and place it in. Keep in between this center of the dough and put oil on to charcoal, smoke will appear, cover immediately and keep covered till 2 hrs)
- Heat Kadai and oil to fry.
- Knead the flour adding little by little water to make a tough dough. Don’t make flour soft, it should be hard.
- Divide dough into equal parts almost a small ball sized. Make an even flat circle, pressing in between both the palms. Apply oil before making flat circles. Don’t make thin.
- Fry on medium to high flame on both the side.
Find the recipe for chicken curry for Komdi Wade.