Cruffins are the new invention from croissants and muffin. It seems to be difficult to make but is very easy. If you have kids, they will enjoy this new invention.
I am not good at baking, but always wish to make a baking recipe and they look good in photographs as well, but due to imperfection in baking, it feels not confident.
But beating the scare. I thought to give it a try. LOL. And here’s how I baked.
1 3/4 cup of refined flour
3/4 cup of milk (warm)
1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence (I used vanilla flavored icing sugar for decoration, thus not mixed in the flour.)
3/4 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
Powder sugar to dust
- Divide milk into half
- In one part add honey and yeast and in next melted butter and milk, used while kneading
- In refined flour add sugar, a mixture of yeast and milk, melted butter, salt and knead with adding the remaining milk, until a soft dough.
- Let it rise (double) almost an hour or more.
- Once risen knead and make equal parts almost 6 are formed.
- Roll a single part into thin long elongated shape almost 10 to 13 cm long
- Grease butter on it and roll.
- cut the roll horizontally into two parts
- twirl into small rolls
- grease cupcake plate and keep for one more rise to 1 to 2 hours.
- Bake at 180 to 200-degree Celsius for about 30 minutes
- once done decorate with icing sugar or jam or sprinkles
- I decorated with ready made icing sugar and cherries.