Palak(Spinach) is a leafy vegetable originated in Persia, worldwide available and in every season. It is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Spinach can be used in any forms to include in the diet like soup, salads, curries and etc.
Sometimes making palak in the same style makes boring so I made palak wadi to give interesting look and taste for a change. Making palak wadi is simple and easy and tasty as well.
1 bundle of chopped palak(spinach)
Besan ( gram flour)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 1/2 tsp of green chili and garlic paste
2 tsp amchur powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp ajwain ( caraway ) seeds
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
Oil to deep fry wadi
- Mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Keep adding besan step by step to make a dough as spinach leaves the water.
- Do not add water, adjust besan accordingly to make a tough dough
- When the dough starts forming add oil.
- Make equal portion and form long cylindrical shape.
- Grease a pan for steaming and steam these cylindrical shapes
- Cook, check by inserting a toothpick and check if it comes clean.
- Let it cool and cut flat shapes equally
- Heat oil for deep frying.