Today is Ganesh Chaturthi, thought of making something sweet dish of coconut. Usually, coconut laddoo is made more often during festivals and I gave it a twist, coating with Pistachio. A slight change will definitely enhance the taste and will take coconut laddoo to next level. Let’s see how I made it.
1cup grated coconut
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup = 8tbsp sugar ( confectionary sugar)
1 Tsp ghee
pinch of nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp cardamon powder
4 to 5 tsp pistachio granules. ( take about a handful of pistachio)
Saffron for garnishing
- Heat pan, add ghee fry pistachio and remove.
- In the same pan add grated coconut, sugar, and milk.
- Cook on medium to high till milk evaporates.
- Low flame and cook till the mixture become dry. Add cardamom powder and pinch of nutmeg powder.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Make a small ball (laddoo) and roll on pistachio granule. Roll till Granule gets coated all over the laddoo.
- Garnish on Laddoos.