Taco is a Mexican dish. Taco shell is made of corn or wheat. Taco shell is filled with avocado, onion, tomato, and meat seasoned with a special seasoning. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and cheese, allowing great versatility and variety. It is mainly garnished with salsa, chili pepper, avocado, guacamole, cilantro(coriander), tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.
I made a taco with shrimps and with the main vegetable fillings, like onion, tomato, chili, and avocado. Again its very very easy and tasty recipe. Do try this recipe and leave a comment below.
10 to 12 pcs large size shrimp (cut into half)
Taco seasoning (I used OLD EL PASO Taco seasoning)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp chili flake
Tacos ( I used store-bought named ORTEGA Taco shells, yellow corn)
2 avocado cut into cubes
1 small onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 lemon juice
a handful of chopped cilantro
2 green chilies or 1 jalapeno finely chopped
I used parmesan cheese but you can use any cheese you like
- Heat pan, pour oil. On high flame put chopped onion, half cook and add shrimp and taco seasoning. If needed chili flakes and salt. Let shrimp cook.
- Add black pepper and chili flakes and salt if needed. Generally, taco seasoning contains salt and chili powder.
- Mix avacado, onion , tomato, cilantro, lemon juice,salt and chili.
- Heat tacos and form a boat shape, fill cooked shrimps and avocado mix in tacos. sprinkle cheese on the filing.
- Serve fresh and eat fresh. Tacos shell can get soggy if left for long.