Munchkins are a kind of doughnuts we get in Dunkin Doughnuts store. They are round and sweet in taste. I never knew about munchkins till I came to the USA. My daughter insisted once that she wants munchkins to eat and that was the day I came to know about it. Even I tried it in curiosity and I liked it.
Later I tried searching the recipes on google, but never felt the same as what Dunkin doughnuts offer. After a lot of trial and errors, I came across this recipe. I had noted it down then. I am thankful to the person who has this recipe “sorry” I really don’t know the name, but thanks I found this recipe, the doughnuts taste same as Dunkin’s munchkins.
Today is the day I completed my One month with this website, so was the day to celebrate and munchkins were made. LOL
1 1/2 cup refined flour (maida) ( 1/2 cup more needed for kneading, if required)
8 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup milk
oil for frying
confectionary sugar for dusting
- Heat milk with butter unit it melts, don’t boil milk, just heat till the butter melts. shut down the flame.
- Add sugar and let it dissolve.
- Let it cool to warm.
- Add yeast into it at the right temperature.
- In a bowl beat egg.
- In a big bowl add flour ( maida) and make a well and pour in egg and milk mixture.
- Knead well till it forms a smooth dough. It will be sticky initially but continue kneading, if the consistency becomes thick add flour step by step to form a tough dough.
- Cover and keep aside till it rises ( I kept for 1 hour, It totally depends on the temperature, so keep it accordingly)
- When it rises, punch and knead a little and form a small size ball out of it. Around 18 to 20 ball in this proportion.
- Heat oil and fry them till golden brown on medium flame.
- When it cools dust confectionery sugar. You can dust cinnamon powder as well to make cinnamon munchkins.