One evening I was hungry and was not able to stop my craving, something to eat which my mind, stomach, and tongue was not able to decide. My brain thought “something” is kind of chaat and green peas came into existence. LOL.
Yes because they are always lying in my freezer. I made it according to what I was feeling like to taste and then later came to know about that this is a street food of Varanasi.
They do not add any extras, its just chaat masala, chili powder, salt, onion, chili and dash of lemon juice. Let’s see how I made this.
1 cup green peas
1/2 onion chopped
1 tsp oil
2 to 3 green chillies
1/2 lemon juice
1 tsp chili powder
- Heat Kadai and pour oil, let it heat
- Throw slit green chilies and salt on it.
- Add green peas and toss on high flame.
- Remove from kadai and sprinkle chaat masala, chili powder, and lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander ( Here I have not)
- Can add chopped tomatoes as well.