Whenever it happens that only a few vegetables are left in my refrigerator, I make paav bhaji with the leftover vegetables. Generally, vegetables like cauliflower, green peas, tomatoes, onions, and potatoes are used to make paav bhaji. I made with the same vegetables I mentioned and few more in details, please take a look.
1 cup cauliflower floret
1 cup cubed potatoes
1/2 cup green peas ( I used frozen peas)
6 to 8 beans
1 small size capsicum finely chopped
3 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped.
3 tsp lemon juice.
3 tsp ginger garlic paste
coriander to garnish
1 tbsp paav bhaji masala
2 tbsp butter ( you can use 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter also)
1 to 2 tsp red chili powder
1 bay leaf
4 to 5 black pepper.
- Cook potatoes, cauliflower, peas, beans in a pressure cooker in 1 whistle.
- Heat Kadai and add butter followed by chopped onion.
- Add salt and saute the onion till light to medium brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, black pepper, bay leaf, and tomatoes.
- Cook till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add pav bhaji masala and red chili powder and mix well.
- Cook till aroma doubles
- Add cooked vegetables and capsicum and let it cook covered for two to three minutes till it softs on low to medium flame.
- Smash all the veggies with a masher.
- cook well and add lemon juice at the end.
- You can add water to the required consistency.
- Garnish with coriander
- Do not throw or strain water of the cooked vegetables. Use it to cook paav bhaji.
- Put less amount of water to pressure cook. For this proportion, a 1/2 cup of water is good enough.