“Eggplant and potato fry” name self-explains that it is a fry recipe, but fry is not a deep fry or so. It is made with a normal proportion of oil but overall gives the taste as if fried. It tastes so good that can be served as appetizers or with roti, chapati or dal rice. This a dry sabji, but taste good with chapati. I have my breakfast with chapati bhaji every day and sometimes when I don’t get time to cook, this becomes an easy option. And yes when you run out of vegetables. This is a good menu for making sabji. Only potatoes also work wonder, no need to add eggplant. I have mixed, two different eggplants and potato with skin and without skin. So let’s start
Ingredients (serving for 3)
1 potato with skin (cut wedges)
1 potato without skin(cut wedges)
Half of the big eggplant (cut wedges)
2 eggplant (cut wedges)
1/ 2 tsp asafoetida
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Heat kadai or pan( I prefer pan)
- Heat oil and add potatoes with skin and without skin.
- Let the flame be on high til one side of potato gets light brown.
- Flip the potatoes and low the flame to medium.
- Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Add eggplants and put all the dry ingredients including salt.
- On a pan, it gets easy to divide potato and eggplant so you can get eggplant cook evenly.
- Cook all the vegetables uncovered and on medium flame.
- The crispiness will stay when you cook uncovered.
Try this quick and easy recipe and comment me how did it turn for you.