Hey, guys, do you know what makes you a great cook. It’s not just about your interest but its all about expectation from other when they try to compare your recipes with a well-known brand. Here is the example. “Ice cream”
Ice cream is the best thing in the world. In summer ice cream play an important role to give a cooling effect. Ice cream is a frozen sweetened food and can be eaten as a snack or dessert. It is made from dairy products, such as milk and cream and combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavors. Whatever, I like ice cream at any season and anytime. I love fruit flavored or any fruit mixed ice cream. If I make ice cream at home I have to make in two different flavors. One with mixed fruit or any fruit and one compulsory chocolate or oreo chocolate ice cream. My daughter is very picky and will only eat chocolate flavors ice cream and not even taste the fruit one. Not even considerate to try the fruit flavored ice cream.
So yes when I make ice cream they have to be made in two different flavors and apparently it is compared with the best ice cream brand. I made ice cream the first time and I messed up on the whipping cream and ice cream turned icy and buttery, no smooth texture and non creamy. The impression from my daughter as she will not eat the homemade ice cream. The next time I made I promised her, that if this time if it is not good, I will not make ice cream anymore, but yes this chocolate ice cream turned so well, that since we don’t bring the readymade one.
So we will look how its made.
2 cup whipping cream
1 cup condensed milk( I make condensed milk at home, recipe given below)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup mango and pineapple chunk.
- Whipp cream to its peak. Use a hand blender to whip the cream. (Please note cream should be cold and just removed from the refrigerator before whipping.
- Mix condensed milk, vanilla essence and chopped fruits and set in the freezer for 4 to 5 hrs (Preferable to use the metal tray to set ice cream, please keep the metal tray in the freezer before setting icecream.
- 2 cups (16floz/450ml) full-fat milk or low-fat milk
- 8 Tbsp sugar ( for this proportion it is supposed to take 10 tbsp, but I took less for less sweetness)
- Mix sugar in milk and dissolve
- Boil this milk in saucepan once it boils, simmers the flame and let the milk reduce to half.
- Before mixing into whip cream and fruit, let the condensed milk cool down completely.
Note: I have added an additional frozen chunk of mango and pineapple on the top for photography purpose.