Chole (Chickpea) is one of the legumes with a lot of protein in it. The vegetarian always prefers chole to get protein from the food they eat. The chickpea is from the family of Bengal gram or garbanzo bean. Many Mediterranean recipes include chickpea and important in their diet. Chickpeas are used to make curries and are one of the most popular vegetarian foods in North India and south India, Many types of curries and thick gravy are served as side dish. These curries are served with rice, roti and etc. Chickpea is thus popular more because of some popular dishes of these States. Chickpea butter masala is thus one of popular among them.
1 cup soaked overnight and Cooked chickpea.
1 medium chopped onion
2 green chili (slit)
2 medium tomatoes
4/5 cashew nuts
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 red chili powder
1 tsp kasoori methi
2 tbsp cream.
1/2 cup of water
salt to taste.
coriander to garnish
- Heat butter in kadai, put chopped onion, green chili and saute.
- Once onion is translucent add ginger garlic paste and lets the raw aroma go.
- Make paste grinding cashews nuts and tomato together.
- Mix in kadai with onion and ginger garlic paste.
- Put all dry ingredients into it except kasoori methi.
- Let the paste leaves the butter.
- Add chickpea and water let it boil on medium flame
- Drop kasoori methi, mix well.
- Pour cream and mix and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
It tastes good and very easy to make. Please leave a comment below, when you try and make.